Dr. Ackerman states "getting people out of pain is the easy part, it's getting them active and keeping them out of pain which requires the most skill and expertise."
Our office provides specific chiropractic adjustments utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic equipment.
In addition, we help you adopt a healthy and active lifestyle to enhance the efficacy of our treatments.
Many of the newest chiropractic techniques are safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before!
Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy
In addition to getting you out of pain, we focus on getting you into a healthier lifestyle which will be conducive to your pain staying away for good!
Below are some of the techniques that Dr. Ackerman is proficient in and can use in his office:
- Digital Postural Assessment
- Functional movement assessment
- Manual spine and extremity adjustments (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle and foot)
- Gentle adjusting instrumentation
- Drop table adjustments to the neck, middle back and lower back regions
- Lower back decompression (Hill automatic flexion table)
- Manual muscle therapy - PNF stretching, pin and stretch, muscle activation techniques
- Electric muscle stimulation - Including TENS, interferential current and Russian stimulation
- Heat therapy - Moist, deep penetrating heat
- Cryo therapy - Ice packs available in office
- Kinesio taping - Shoulder conditions, tennis / golfers elbow, patellar problems, ankle sprains and foot pain.
- Soft tissue mobilization - Gua Sha instrument available for deep tissue and fascial work.
- Foot levelers - Custom stabilizing foot orthotics
This is why you will get the best results at our office.
We have the newest and least invasive Chiropractic and physiotherapy techniques available!
Everyone knows that exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle.
Other types of pain such as back pain, neck pain, knee pain, shoulder pain etc. can be caused by muscles and tissues that are being used improperly, causing potential injury over time.
At Active Chiropractic Care, we teach our patients how to perform specific "foundation" exercises which can help strengthen and correct the irregularities in their body.
Dr. Ackerman has a 4 year degree in exercise science and is proficient in recommending stretches and exercises for the following conditions:
- Poor posture
- Neck pain
- Middle back pain
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Tennis elbow and golfers elbow
- Carpal Tunnel
- Hip pain
- IT band problems
- Knee problems
- Ankle problems
- Foot problems
Many of these corrective exercises can actually be performed in the comfort of your own home and are safe and specific to pain levels and athletic ability.
In each case, targeted corrective stretches and exercises will help you hold your adjustments and reach all of your health and fitness goals faster.
Nutritional and Supplementation Recommendations
Many people are not aware that Chiropractors have an extensive training in nutrition and supplementation. They are permitted by law to give nutritional recommendations and prescribe necessary supplementation to their patients.
Dr. Ackerman has had an extensive training in the fields of nutrition and supplementation on the following topics:
- Anti - Inflammatory diet
- Weight loss
- Detox / cleanse and purification programs
- Total pH balance
- Sugar toxicity
- Good fats vs. bad fats
- Nutrition for athletes
- Mineral and vitamin deficiencies
- Whole foods vs. supplementation
Each one of our new patients is encouraged to fill out a 3 day food log prior to their first visit so that Dr. Ackerman may best assess your current level of health.
You can find this form and all other necessary new patient forms in our New Patient section.
Each one of our patients receives an individualized treatment program including specific nutritional recommendations, exercise recommendations and lifestyle modifications.
It is our main goal to help you develop a health and Active lifestyle. If you are already an athlete or have an active lifestyle, we will do our best to keep you active during your treatment program at our office.
We look forward to meeting you and speaking about how we can help you become more active today!
Please call us at (631) 499 6180 to schedule your first consultation with Dr. Ackerman.